11/08/2008

I'll be your Samantha if you'll be my Lindsay

I had a dream the other night that I was trying out to be a d.j. at some club. I hadn't prepared in advance for it and I was up the night before making a mix c.d. from tapes and shit. The audition was held in what looked like a community rec room or something. There were 3 judges (one of them was David from Six Feet Under). I told the woman judge I was just starting out and didn't know how to mix (or "transition" as I called it in the dream). She said, "It's okay. You'll learn. It's more about your music choices right now." So I played my c.d. and there were a few people on the dance floor, but there were these big, long gaps between songs and more and more people left the dance floor. The judges just shook their heads in disbelief and disgust. Then my last song was, of all things, Last Dance by Donna Summer and that just ruined me. The judge just kept saying "What were you thinking?!" I said, "I told you I didn't know how to transition!" then the three got in their cars and drove away. I shouted after them, "Well screw you, assholes!" and gave them the finger. 

Originally posted on LiveJournal March 2004

1 comment:

Qetesh said...

Lol, sounds like some of my strange dreams.