I came across a site for a female photographer who does male nudes. The tag line is: Erotic Male Nudes Through a Woman's Eyes. I always have a problem with this. Exactly what does it mean to view a man through a woman's eyes? Doesn't it depend on the woman? There is this constant tendencey to divide male sexuality from female sexuality as if there are specific character traits of desire. The photographs weren't particularly unique. They were of good quality and sexy enough, but there was no inherent quality that revealed the photographer to be a woman.
The photographer made it very clear that they are photos of straight men for straight women, stating that what appeals to gay men does not appeal to women. Call me crazy, but I think what appeals to people, male or female, gay or straight tends to be in the eye of the beholder. I'm guessing a lot of men would find her work hot. I'm a straight female and I didn't find her photos all that special.
It reminds me of these horrible line of tools, like Barbara K, that are marketed to women. They're made in pretty colors and come in a fancy case made in a variety of colors. All of it, apparently designed to make women more "comfortable" using a screwdriver.
As far as I'm concerned, a hammer is a hammer and a dick is a dick. I'm a woman and I have a gender neutral, heavy duty Black and Decker power drill and I watch gay porn.
2/04/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Its a nice idea, but I agree - everyone is different. I don't see very much 'Straight' porn of men posing for women that I enjoy.
The stuff for and by gay men however...now thats fucking hot. I tend to see a range of men there that I don't see in, say, Playgirl. The only male who ever posed for play girl that I went gaga for was Peter Steele.
Well, Shawn Michaels too, but thats different. He was naked wearing the WWF World championship belt. Thats pretty hot.
And wait a mo - they make fancy tools for women? Thats fucking retarded. I stole my dad's spare tool kit when I moved out, and Nix has a whole bunch of tools too. The only colours are orange, because its much easier to find an orange screwdriver when it falls behind a fridge.
A black and decker powerdrill? thats fucking hot.
A hammer is a hammer and a dick is a dick.
But when a dick is a hammer? That's a power tool anyone can use.
Or when a dick is a screwdriver? Or a cork screw? Like a Swiss-Army dick!
Post a Comment