I do not want to be one of those people. One of those, "I had a great date so I must blog about it immediately" people. But shit! I just had a fucking awesome date and I must blog about it.
I was not expecting much. I've been on enough blind "online dating" dates to know not to expect much. We met at a casual bar near my place. Local. Low key. I was early and sitting at the bar reading a magazine and drinking a Maker's Mark on the rocks. He tapped me on the shoulder. He was cute. He looked like his picture. He was "really" cute. We had some drinks and had some bar food. I got a burger. He got the wings. He had that hipster nerd thing going on that I love. He had this whole multi-culti thing going on that I love. Dad from Denmark, Mom from Trinidad or something. I don't remember. He runs his own business in this extraordinary, slightly antiquated industry that totally turned me on. There's something very old-world, yet completely modern about him that I find fascinating.
He was in a band. Studied film in college. Fuck. You had me at "Hello".
We moved on to this new bar near me I've been meaning to check out. They do some burlesque, not the big leagues Little Brooklyn / Dirty Martini stuff, but good for some fun. I tried their signature drink, some crazy concoction of Maker's Mark, grapefruit juice, muddled cranberries... normally more than 2 ingredients is too much or me. I hate "girly" drinks. But it was pretty damn good. The second one was just as good. And the third.
Then he got down to it. The "what are you looking for" question. So I laid it out and I've never done this before...
I want a partner, a boyfriend (I hate both of those terms) a significant other, but I do not believe in monogamy. I want someone to share my life with, who will also be willing to explore sexually with other people with other genders... to me, sex is a playground, and I have no intention of limiting myself to only one playmate for the next 30 years.
Then there was the awkward bit. The slight pause as he took stock. "Did I just freak you out?" I ask. I'm all about being honest these days. I don't want to waste my time. I don't think I put it this clearly since I was drunk at this point. All I remember is him saying something about wanting to get it on with Johnny Depp at which point I may have had a tiny orgasm right there on the stool.
At some point he pulled me in for a kiss and fuck... he is a damn good kisser. Fuck. We're making out like idiots at the bar. They're playing "Let's Get Physical" and the dancer is doing her thing with the pasties and she's got that insanely creamy skin that I fucking covet.
We finally decide to leave and he's tipsier than I am on his Stoli and tonics, which I find cute. We're on the sidewalk and I'm having a smoke (which he finds kind of kinky!). We start making out again and they're playing "Brick House" and we're necking and singing along... "chicka bow, chicka bow, chicka bow wow..." And it gets to that part that I LOVE. We're pawing at each other and I push him away, then we go in to kiss some more and we're clutching each other and I PUSH him away again, because not tonight. Not yet. When we do, I will fucking rock his world. But not tonight.
And I walk away... "She's a brick... house. She's mighty mighty. Just lettin' it all hang out."
12/01/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment